Iran will make an offer aimed at meeting American demands

US President Donald Trump told Reuters on Friday that Iran intends to make an offer aimed at meeting American demands. He added in a telephone interview: “They will make an offer and we will see what happens.”
Trump’s statements come at a time when CNN, citing US administration officials, reported that the president intends to send special envoy Steve Witkoff, along with Jared Kushner, to Pakistan, to hold talks with Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi over the weekend.
According to officials, Vice President J.D. Vance does not intend to participate at this stage, in light of the absence of Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf, who the White House views as the head of the Iranian delegation and Vance’s protocol counterpart.
Islamabad had previously hosted talks between the United States and Iran to end the tension, but they did not yield results.
On the other hand, official Iranian media reported that Araqchi began a tour that included Islamabad, Muscat, and Moscow, without mentioning holding direct meetings with the American side.
Earlier Friday, US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said that Tehran has an opportunity to reach a “good agreement” with Washington, stressing that Iran must “choose wisely” by abandoning its nuclear program through verifiable mechanisms.
- For more: Follow Khaleejion 24 Arabic, Khaleejion 24 English, Khaleejion 24 Live, and for social media follow us on Facebook and Twitter




